Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Homeschool curriculums choices

There are so many curriculums to choose from. I know personally I use Sonlight curriculum which has a link featured on the right of the page. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I love it. It's literature based. There's usually some sort of report/essay due each week. Schedule included. The science we love...it's has an experiment each week. Hands on it what most children like. I can't imagine bothering to change curriculum because they flow so well from year to year. I'm starting 1st grade with my 3rd child this year and the curriculum is what I used for my now 7th grader. There are discounts for buying whole packages and other great amenities.

Christianbook has pretty much every curriculum listed on their website under the homeschool tab. Almost everyone I know who homeschools uses a different curriculum than the next. Most curriculum is geared towards different learning styles and/or teaching styles.

I hope your homeschooling inquiries can be answered. If I don't know the answer I can help find the answer. Blessings

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Thanks for sharing your love of Sonlight! And I'm so glad it has worked so well for you and your family.

~Luke

All about Applemama

I'm a homeschool mother of 4 wonderful children. My girls are 11, 4 and 2. My only son is 8 and full of energy. We live in rural PA, and have 8 chickens, 5 rabbits, 3 cats, 3 ducks, and one mouse.

We were married here 11 years ago and moved off to FL - then to VA - and now back here after my husband's job was uprooted and not transplanted. He found a job to work in his field (at least somewhat) and we are taking a wonderful opportunity to move back to where we met. We have old friends here and enjoy reconnecting with the church where we were married. We love it and are making many new friends.

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com Include this form on your page

Applemama's Fan Box

Applemama on Facebook